Southern California has some of the hardest water in the United States. San Diego water travels a long way through soil, rock, sand and piping to reach us and it picks up a lot of excess calcium and magnesium along the way. Straight from the tap, San Diego water contains about 15.4 grains/gallon of excess mineral content.
You may need a water softener in San Diego if you struggle with the following problems:
- White, crusty scale buildup around faucets, the bottom of tea kettles, etc.
- Dishes emerge dull and spotted from the dishwasher
- It takes more soap, shampoo, detergent, etc. to get anything clean
- Clothes feel scratchy and their colors dull quickly
- Your skin is dry and itchy
- Water using-appliances burn out faster